Take a moment and commune with the heart of the Buddha
Meditations to Become the Buddha are guided meditations by Elizabeth Clare Prophet on the heart of Gautama Buddha and your soul's path to becoming the Buddha. These meditations are set to the music of Pachelbel's Canon in D. Meditate on the Ten Perfections of the Buddha.
Siddhartha Gautama was born of royal lineage. He left his wife and newborn son, palace and power, to discover the cause of old age, disease and death. After six year and numerous experiments with yogis and ascetics, he communed under the bo tree for forty-nine days. From his meditation, he brought forth out of nirvana the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path, which have become a way of life for millions.
Gautama also brought us the Ten Perfections, the basic foundation for mindful living:
- Alms – Giving of yourself
- Precepts – Attaining enlightenment
- Renunciation – Centering in ultimate Reality
- Wisdom – Transcending the human mind
- Courage – Overcoming fear and unworthiness
- Patience – Refining the soul through communion
- Truth – Freeing yourself from the effects of error
- Resolution – Conquering self-destructive habits
- Goodwill – Interating the Divine into your daily life
- Indifference – Sustaining intensity and equanimity as you fulfill your goals
Elizabeth Clare Prophet, inspired by the Buddha, wrote down these meditations, which have brought peace to thousands in a world of uncertainty. The inspirational meditations in this edition of The Prophet Archives are excerpted from her book Quietly Comes the Buddha.